- As much as I enjoy playing the game and being the one in charge, I can't do it alone. While, in some instances, I had the support of a handful of members in the Domain... in most, I received little to no feedback. I can't function that way.
- In the end, the Domain had only a handful of active members. This, along with the fact that no one could or would accept the role of Domain Coordinator when I stepped down, led to the Domain having to close. I wish things had been different.
- When I came to the decision of leaving the MES and stepping down in my role as Domain Coordinator, I realized how much of a mess I had let myself become. Without going into too many details, my health is not what it used to or should be. This is no fault of the organization or the company I kept, but rather my decisions to "deal" with anxiety I felt.
- When I came into the organization, I entered just for the gaming. As time went by, I grew to enjoy the community service aspect of things. Over the past year of being DC, it seemed like the members of the Domain were there only for the game and were less interested in getting involved in food drives or other works of charity. This saddened me greatly.
- While I am not entirely opposed to change, I don't like change for the sake of change. I prefer to live by the saying, "If it ain't broke, don't fix it." With the updated rules earlier this year, I felt like they were trying to fix something that was working well. Through this, I continued to become disillusioned with the organization.
I've been roleplaying for 28 years at the start of this blog. I'd like to share my experiences and insight of RPG's. I hope that my reader's will also feel free to contribute their thoughts and feelings alongside my own. I'd like to keep the pen-and-paper in roleplaying games.
Wednesday, July 31, 2013
My Experiences as a Member of the Camarilla/Mind's Eye Society (UPDATE)
As of right now, I am no longer a member of the Mind's Eye Society. I have allowed my membership to lapse and began to focus on other things in life for a few reasons that I feel I can now express without fear of retaliation:
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Post a Comment