I'm familiar with settings like Stephen King's "Dark Tower", and that's kind of what I'd like to bring to this game. I've never included gunpowder in any of my games before, and I'm reaching out to those who have for some advice.
- Are there any pitfalls you may have encountered with gunpowder in your fantasy setting that I should be aware of, and how did you manage to overcome them?
- Will the addition of gunpowder to the campaign detract from the magical nature of the setting?
- If I allow my players to have access to gunpowder weapons, are there any limits you would suggest?
For those players that are interested in playing a race outside of the norm, I'm going to give them a chance... albeit a slim one. 4% or 5% depending on the player's choice. Here's what I was thinking:
4%- (player rolls)
- 2 #'s = the players current age and *2. (i.e. Player is 23 so they get 23 and 46.)
- 2 #'s = chosen by the player
- Extra # chosen by DM.